Techshaw (which is just me) is looking for its first full-time (40 hours per week) Staff Writer (Remote) to cover the tech startup ecosystem in Pakistan.
You will own daily reporting and write clear, concise and context driven narratives aimed at providing smart and timely insights.
No scoops. No breaking news. No click-baity garbage.
Just good ole’ audience-first writing.
Does that sound like something you can handle? If so, keep reading…
- Report and write ONE short-form news story daily Mon-Fri. (example)
- Suggest, research and write ONE original feature story every week.
- Research and write ONE original, data-driven feature story every quarter.
- 1+ years of experience in both short and long-form writing.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a knack for crafting compelling stories.
- Ability to source information, interview subjects, and maintain objectivity.
- Uncanny ability to take incomplete information and build a more complete picture.
- Some knowledge of Google Workspace, WordPress, Slack, and other remote tools for team and project collaboration.
- Passionate about startups, the ecosystem and the digital future.
Salary & Benefits
- 80,000 Rs per month.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Unlimited paid time off (within reason).
- Paid shutdown last 2 weeks of December.
- Travel and lodging expense reimbursement to attend startup conferences and events.
- Digital media allowance to spend on books, subscriptions, courses etc.
One last thing
It’s not an omission, a degree is not required for this job.
To be successful, you will need a can-do attitude and routinely need to step out of your comfort zone.
I can teach you almost everything relevant about the startup ecosystem in Pakistan to do your job, but I can’t teach you how to write.
If you don’t meet all the requirements above, but believe you have the skills needed to excel in this role of a staff writer, please apply and don’t overthink.
How to Apply
You can apply using this form. You will receive a response within 48 hours, even if you don’t move to the next round.
If selected, you will be provided with interview questions. Interview will be conducted over Zoom and last 1 hour.
If you have questions or need me to clarify anything above, please contact me on Twitter.