RetailO is a B2B marketplace for small businesses (Kiryana stores) in Pakistan. It was founded in 2020 by Muhammad Talha Ansari, Muhammad Nowkhaiz and Wahaj Ahmed. It is headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, with leadership and significant operations in Karachi, Pakistan. It has raised $9 million from 6+ investors, including angels.
- Industry: E-Commerce
- Category: B2B Marketplace
- Founded: 2020
- City: Karachi
- Online: website, twitter, facebook, and linkedin.
Muhammad Talha Ansari (Co-Founder)
- Education: IBA (BBA, Finance)
- Previous life: Careem, FoodPanda, Rocket Internet, and Standard Chartered Bank.
Muhammad Nowkhaiz (Co-Founder)
- Education: LUMS (BSc, Economics and Political Science)
- Previous life: Careem, Tazadaily, Shopistan, and Bagit.
Wahaj Ahmed (Co-Founder)
- Education: LUMS (BSc, Accounting and Finance)
- Previous life: McKinsey, Careem, Rocket Internet, PSO, and Deloitte.
Number of funding rounds: 2
Number of investors: 6+
Total amount of funding raised: $9,000,000
- 2020: Pre-Seed – $2.3 million Shorooq Partners, 500 Startups and 92 Ventures.
- 2021: Seed – $6.7 million from Shorooq Partners, Abercross Holdings, AgFunder, and Arzan Venture Capital.