Retailo is a B2B marketplace for small businesses (Kiryana stores) in Pakistan. It was founded in 2020 by Muhammad Talha Ansari, Muhammad Nowkhaiz, and Wahaj Ahmed. It is headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, with leadership and significant operations in Karachi, Pakistan.
Retailo has raised a total of $45 million in funding over 3 rounds. It raised its latest funding on Feb 1, 2022.
- Industry: E-Commerce
- Category: B2B Marketplace
- Founded: 2020
- City: Karachi
- Online: website, twitter, facebook, and linkedin.
Number of funding rounds: 3
Number of investors: 11+
Total amount of funding raised: $45,000,000
- 2020: Pre-Seed – $2.3 million Shorooq Partners, 500 Startups and 92 Ventures.
- 2021: Seed – $6.7 million from Shorooq Partners, Abercross Holdings, AgFunder, and Arzan VC.
- 2022: Series A – $36 million from Graphene Ventures, 500 Global, Agility, Aujan, Tech Invest Com, Mentor’s Fund, Shorooq Partners, Abercross Holdings, Arzan VC, and AgFunder.
Muhammad Talha Ansari (Co-Founder)
- Education: IBA (BBA, Finance)
- Previous life: Careem, FoodPanda, Rocket Internet, and Standard Chartered Bank.
Muhammad Nowkhaiz (Co-Founder)
- Education: LUMS (BSc, Economics and Political Science)
- Previous life: Careem, Tazadaily, Shopistan, and Bagit.
Wahaj Ahmed (Co-Founder)
- Education: LUMS (BSc, Accounting and Finance)
- Previous life: McKinsey, Careem, Rocket Internet, PSO, and Deloitte.