Bazaar is a B2B marketplace for small businesses (Kiryana stores) in Pakistan. It was founded in 2020 by Hamza Jawaid and Saad Jangda. It is headquartered in Karachi and has raised $108 million from 16+ investors, including angels.
- Industry: E-Commerce
- Category: B2B Marketplace
- Founded: 2020
- City: Karachi
- Online: website, twitter, facebook, and linkedin.
Saad Jangda (Co-Founder)
- Education: University of Michigan (Bachelor of Arts, Economics)
- Previous life: Careem, Snap, Quixey, and Rapt.fm
Hamza Jawaid (Co-Founder)
- Education: London School of Economics (Bachelors of Science, Government and Economics)
- Previous life: McKinsey and Oliver Wyman.
Number of funding rounds: 4
Number of investors: 16+
Total amount of funding raised: $107,800,000
- 2020: Seed – $1.3 million from Indus Valley Capital and Alter Global.
- 2021: Seed – $6.5 million from Indus Valley Capital, Global Founders Capital, S7V, Wavemaker Partners, Derayah Venture Capital, and Next Billion Ventures.
- 2021: Series A – $30 million from Defy Partners, Wavemaker Partners, Acrew Capital, Saison Capital, Zayn Capital, B&Y Venture Partners, Indus Valley Capital, Global Founders Capital, Next Billion Ventures, and Alter Global.
- 2022: Series B – $70 million from Dragoneer Investment Group, Tiger Global Management, Indus Valley Capital, Defy Partners, Acrew Capital, Wavemaker Partners, B&Y Venture Partners, and Zayn Capital.