ePay Punjab is an app that facilitates business-to-government (B2G) and public-to-government (P2G) payments. Rs. 50 billion has been collected so far as tax revenue from 10 million transactions.
Tell me more: The app offers online payments of 21 taxes/levies for 10 different departments. It has been downloaded 928,058 times.
By the numbers: ePay Punjab has collected revenue through the following:
- Sales Tax on Services: Rs. 28.29 billion against 29,918 transactions
- Token Tax: Rs. 9.68 billion against 1,385,009 transactions
- Traffic Challan: Rs. 2.22 billion against 7,374,668 transactions
- Property Tax: Rs. 7.5 billion against 415,857 transactions
- Route Permit Charges: Rs. 1 billion against 239,035 transactions
You should know: ePay Punjab is a collaboration project of Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) and Punjab Finance Department launched in 2019.
The app generates a seventeen digit unique PSID number which is used for tax payment via three different channels:
- Internet/Mobile Banking
- Over the Counter (OTC) banking transaction.
Zoom Out: ePay Punjab is an initiative by the government to increase the digital footprint of the citizens.
Be the first to know when a startup receives funding. Sign up below.