Tajir is a B2B marketplace for small businesses (Kiryana stores) in Pakistan. It was founded in 2018 by brothers Ismail and Babar Khan and is headquartered in Lahore. It has raised $19 million from 10+ investors including angels.
- Industry: E-Commerce
- Category: B2B Marketplace
- Founded: 2018
- City: Lahore
- Online: website, twitter, facebook, and linkedin.
Ismail Khan (Co-Founder)
- Education: Brown University (Bachelors in Computer Science and Economics).
- Previous life: HumBike (Co-Founder), Keystone Strategy, Barclays Investment Bank, RetailMeNot.
Babar Khan (Co-Founder)
- Education: Tufts University (Bachelors in Quantitative Economics and International Relations) and University of California, Berkeley (MBA Entrepreneurship & Technology)
- Previous life: HumBike (Co-Founder) and ServiceX
Number of funding rounds: 3
Number of investors: 10+
Total amount of funding raised: $18,950,000
- 2020: Seed – $150,000 from Y Combinator. YC W20
- 2020: Seed – $1.8 million from Fatima Gobi Ventures, Pioneer Fund, GoldenGate Ventures, VentureSouq, Karavan, and several angel investors.
- 2021: Series A – $17 million from Kleiner Perkins, Y Combinator Continuity Fund, AAVCF, Fatima Gobi Ventures, Flexport, GoldenGate Ventures, Liberty City Ventures, and VentureSouq.