Forty-one Pakistani startups raised $346+ million in disclosed venture capital funding in 2022 across 42 deals.
Here’s the list categorized by funding stage:
- Taro Technologies raised $3.5 million from undisclosed investors.
- JOMO raised $850,000 from Systems Ventures.
- Metric raised $900,000 from i2i Ventures, Ratio Ventures, Deosai Ventures, Kinnow Capital, Outliers Venture Capital, and Augmentor Capital.
- Zaraye raised $2.1 million from Tiger Global, Zayn Capital, +92 Ventures, and multiple angel investors.
- MedIQ raised $1.8 million from Amaana Capital, Cordoba Ventures, Seraph Group, TAJDEED, APPNA, and House of Habib.
- Oware raised $3.3 million from Flexport Fund, Ratio Ventures, Seedstars International Ventures, Sketchnote Partners, Swiss Founders Fund, Reflect Ventures, +92 Ventures, and Walled City Co.
- ezBike raised $1 million from i2i Ventures, Walled City, and GroundUp.
- DealCart raised $4.5 million from Shorooq Partners, Fatima Gobi Ventures, Vibe Capital, 500 Global, i2i Ventures, and Rally Cap Ventures.
- OrbitEd raised $500,000 in pre-seed funding from Boost VC.
- Mahaana raised $2.6 million in funding from Y Combinator, Vostok Emerging Finance, SparkLabs, and IGI Holdings.
- SnappRetail raised $2.5 million from Zayn Capital, Antler, and Century Oak Capital.
- Eat Food raised $1 million from undisclosed investors.
- TruckItIn raised $13 million from Global Founders Capital, Fatima Gobi Ventures, Picus Capital, Millville, Zayn Capital, i2i Ventures, ADB Ventures, Cianna Capital, Reflect Ventures, and K3 Ventures.
- NayaPay raised $13 million from Zayn Capital, MSA Novo, Graph Ventures, Saison Capital, Maple Leaf Capital, and angel investor Warren Hogarth.
- MyTM raised $6.9 million from My Petroleum (My Group), 100 Ventures, Loyal VC, United Seven Hills Venture, and PEX International.
- COLABS raised $3 million from Indus Valley Capital, Zayn Capital, Fatima Gobi Ventures, Shorooq Partners, Kinnow Capital, Muir Capital, Sai Ventures, and multiple angel investors.
- Elphinstone raised $500,000 from Y Combinator in an accelerator round.
- SadaPay raised $10.7 million from Recharge Capital, Kingsway Capital, and Raptor Group.
- Godaam Technologies raised $250,000 from Accelerating Asia in an accelerator round.
- Markaz raised $2.4 million from Indus Valley Capital and $500,000 from Y Combinator in an accelerator round for a total of $2.9 million.
- Farmdar raised $1.3 million from Indus Valley Capital, Deosai Ventures, Tricap Investments, United Distributors Pakistan Limited, The Community Fund VC, LMKR, and K2 Global Ventures.
- 24Seven.pk raised $1 million from Betatron Venture Group and $150,000 from SOSV in an accelerator round for a total of $1.15 million.
- Rider raised $2.6 million from i2i Ventures, Soma Capital, Flexport Fund, Rebel Fund, Global Founders Capital, Fatima Gobi Ventures, and TPL E-Ventures. It also raised $500,000 from Y Combinator in an accelerator round for a total of $3.1 million.
- Out-Class raised $500,000 from House of Habib.
- Dbank raised $17.6 million from Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Nubank, Askari Bank, RTP Global, and Rayn.
- PriceOye raised $7.9 million from JAM Fund, Beenext, DG Daiwa, Mantis VC, HOF Capital, Palm Drive Capital, Atlas Ventures, Fatima Gobi Ventures, SOSV, and Artistic Ventures.
- Neem raised $2.5 million from SparkLabs, Arif Habib, Cordoba Logistics and Ventures, Taarah Ventures, My Asia VC, ConceptVines Ventures, and Building Capital.
- Waada raised $1.3 million from undisclosed investors.
- BusCaro raised $500,000 from multiple angels.
- BizB raised $250,000 from Accelerating Asia in an accelerator round.
- Oladoc raised $1.8 million from Sarmayacar and Doha Tech Angels.
- MEDZnMORE raised $11.5 million from Integra Partners, Nunc Gestion, Sturgeon Capital, Alta Semper, Al Touq Group, ACE & Company, Key Family Partners, Reflect Ventures, and Atlas Asset Management.
- 24Seven.pk raised $6 million from Betatron Venture Group, Newlin VC, Verity Capital, and Argo’s Quest.
- Remotebase raised $2.1 million from Indus Valley Capital, Hustle Fund, Soma Capital, Angel Squad, and Draper Associates.
- Retailo raised $36 million from Graphene Ventures, 500 Global, Agility, Aujan, Tech Invest Com, Mentor’s Fund, Shorooq Partners, Abercross Holdings, Arzan VC, and AgFunder.
- Jugnu raised $22.5 million from Sary, Sarmayacar, and Systems Limited.
- Abhi raised $17 million from Speedinvest, Global Ventures, VentureSouq, VEF, Sturgeon Capital, Rallycap, FJ Labs, Fatima Gobi Ventures, Sarmayacar, and i2i Ventures.
- Dastgyr raised $37 million from VEON Ventures, Zinal Growth, DEG, Khwarizmi Ventures, OTF Jasoor Ventures, Cedar Mundi, Reflect Ventures, Century Oak Capital, Hi2 Global, GoingVC, Astir Ventures, K3 Diversity Ventures, Chandaria Capital, SOSV, Edgebrook Partners, and EquiTie.
- OneLoad raised $11 million from Sarmayacar, Shorooq Partners, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Strategic Investment Fund, and Systems Limited.
- Finja raised $10 million from HBL and Sturgeon Capital. The investment round includes equity, debt, and off-balance sheet capital.
- Bazaar raised $70 million from Dragoneer Investment Group, Tiger Global Management, Indus Valley Capital, Defy.vc, Acrew Capital, Wavemaker Partners, B&Y Venture Partners, and Zayn Capital.
- Bykea raised $10 million from Prosus Ventures, Middle East Venture Partners, Sarmayacar, Tharros, and Ithaca Capital.
Criteria: Active VC or Angel-funded startups founded by a Pakistani and headquartered in Pakistan with the majority of employees and at least one founder in Pakistan and a product created for the global and Pakistani market. If not headquartered in Pakistan, the majority of employees and at least one founder is in Pakistan. It does not include rounds with funding amounts less than $250,000.